Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Year's Resolutions


I usually try to come up with some kind of resolution - lose weight, drink more water, read more, volunteer more... but this year I have chosen not to make any more promises that I most likely will not keep.  I have a genuine interest in improving all areas of my life all the time, but as life would have it, some things just get put on hold.

I have made up my mind though to rebuild my yoga practice.  In the last year, my practice has become dull due to some aches and pains.  I have allowed my aches and pains to rule my daily activities.  While I want to honor my body and not push myself to unreasonable lengths, I feel that moving beyond complacency is really needed right now.  So...I will chronicle my progression, if there is any, as a way to inspire others to move forward in whatever areas they want and to achieve a keener level of fitness and physical abilities.  

In case you are in the Scottsdale area and are looking to try yoga, head over to Yoga Village in the Scottsdale airpark.  Check out www.yogavillage.net for class schedules, prices, location and teachers.  I do teach a gentle class there on Monday mornings.  Whatever you are doing for your new year, enjoy the beginning and never be afraid to start over and over and over!  

No comments: